The Rossborough Inn was built about
1803 a few miles north of Bladensburg
to serve travelers on the road between
Washington and Baltimore. In 1858 it
became part of the Maryland Agricultural
College (now the university of
Maryland) and served a variety of
purposes until it was restored in the
1930s. Since 1954 the inn has been the
home of the university's faculty club.
Carved on the keystone above the
door is the head of Silenus, son of Pan
and teacher of Bacchus. Courtesy of
the Prince George's County, Maryland,
Conference and Visitors Bureau. Inc.
From Prince George's County: A Pictorial History by Alan Virta.
Used with permission of The Donning Company/Publishers.