Prince George's County
Celebrates 300 years of history 1696-1996
Bill Grace on top of the Riggs Mill waterwheel, 1912. Today known as the Adelphi Mill, the Riggs Mill is both the oldest and largest mill still standing in the metropolitan Washington area. It was built about 1796 and the Riggs family owned it from the Civil War until 1920. From the Archives and Manuscripts Department photograph collection.
Currently on display with the 300 Candles: Slices of Prince George's County exhibit in the Maryland Room, 3rd floor, McKeldin Library at the University of Maryland at College Park.